Friday, October 17, 2014

Our last base.

I'm going to try and remain calm & cool, we're finally at the last base on this IVF process. I've been going to my Fertility Dr once a week for 2 months now. Every time I go, I'm doing bloodwork and ultrasound. First sign of problems was when my estrogen levels were 154 instead of less than 50. Come to find out, I had a cyst on my left ovary and it was secreting estrogen.... Who would've thunk it. My Dr wasn't happy with that but she directed me to come back in a week and let's see what happens. I've been sticking myself with a syringe full of Lupron for nearly 2 months. I felt like I was disappointing my husband cause my body refused to play along.

Our recent visit to the Dr showed the cyst is completely gone and my next step is to take progesterone pills 3 times a day. Once that week is over, Wednesday will be the day I go into the Dr office and then she can implant the embryo inside my uterus. The progesterone pill allows my body to hold off on seeing my usual menstrual cycle and can make the uterus healthy & thicker so the embryo can dig deep and eventually grow.

This is going to be an emotion filled week for us. We've done everything right and left nothing to chance. I'm hoping that Science and my body is in full sync with each other. Now I just sit back and wait till I'm pregnant. Science totally rocks!

"It's a process"

No comments:

Post a Comment